Life is a journey, and every course has its twists and turns. Some can be disorienting, maybe a little unsettling. On a woman’s journey through life, menopause can feel like a strange detour. It’s good to know the signs and symptoms that come along with menopause, and Estroven® wants to help you make that transition as smooth as possible.
What are Perimenopause and Menopause?
Menopause is a normal part of a woman’s life as she moves out of her childbearing years, while perimenopause is the transition into menopause that begins years before. During this time, levels of estrogen and other hormones can fluctuate significantly, bringing on menopause-like symptoms. Some of these symptoms can include the following:1
- Perimenopause and periods: Irregular periods are usually the first telltale sign of perimenopause. Keep in mind a woman can still become pregnant while she is perimenopausal.2
- Hot flashes: Sudden bursts of heat across the skin and throughout the body are known as hot flashes. They can leave you drenched in sweat, with a flushed face and clammy skin. Hot flashes are a very common experiences for women going through menopause, effecting roughly:
- 45 percent of perimenopausal women
- 85 percent of menopausal women3
- Night sweats: Night sweats are severe hot flashes that occur at night and result in all the same symptoms of a hot flash.2 They can make it hard to get a full night’s sleep and may leave you feeling exhausted in the morning.
When can I expect menopause to take its course?
On average women begin experiencing menopause symptoms is at age 51, but perimenopause can begin any time between your early 40’s and late 50’s.4 Because the timing is also strongly linked to genetics, the age at which your mother began her transition into menopause can be very telling.5 A little research about her experience, and that of other women in your family, can go a long way.
How Estroven® Can Help
Estroven® Perimenopause/Menopause Support + Weight Management is a safe and effective dietary supplement with naturally sourced Black Cohosh and clinically proven Soy Isoflavones to help reduce night sweats and hot flashes, plus Synetrim® CQ to help manage weight.*
If you are beginning to experience perimenopausal or menopausal symptoms it’s a good idea to check in with your doctor and discuss potential lifestyle changes to ease symptoms. Estroven®Perimenopause/Menopause Support + Weight Management can support these ‘later-in-life’ changes by addressing these symptoms on your journey through menopause.*
Estroven® used under license by i-Health, Inc.
1 Menopause Health Center. http://www.webmd.com/menopause/guide/guide-perimenopause
2 34 Menopause Symptoms http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/
3 Hot Flashes FAQ. http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/hot-flashes-faq.htm 4 What Age Do Women Start to Get Menopause Symptoms? http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/articles/what-age-do-women-start-to-get-menopause-symptoms.htm 5 Predicting Your Menopause Age: What Factors Matter http://www.webmd.com/menopause/features/menopause-age-prediction